About This Program
Every student should have access to music education. This two-hour program prepares current and emerging music teachers to meet the needs of students with visual impairment. This program covers challenges that students may face, modifications for reading music, learning an instrument, studying voice, and performance. The program includes videos demonstrating a range of adaptive music technology. After completing the program, you will receive a printable certificate.
Who May Benefit
- Current music teachers
- Emerging music teachers
What is Covered
The program consists of six modules and includes narration with an optional transcript as well as descriptive photographs, handouts, and videos to enhance the learning experience. Through this program, you will:
- Articulate strategies and approaches for providing access to music learning for students with visual impairment.
- Describe accessible music technology, materials, and performance techniques.
- Identify basic principles that can improve teaching and learning outcomes for students with visual impairment.
- Communicate effectively with students, families, educators, and others regarding music-related materials and equipment to best serve students individual needs.
- Describe options for music study, whether avocational or vocational.