Learn how to take care of your health as well as engage and socialize!
Daily care that meets your medical and social needs
If you or your loved one need daily medical services and crave social interaction, then our Adult Day Health Care (ADHC) program is for you. At GuildCare — the only ADHC program in New York State that specializes in people with vision loss — our healthcare services can be used daily or a few days a week, depending on your needs.
With centers in New York City, Albany, Buffalo, and Niagara Falls, we offer a safe, comfortable, and attentive environment for you or your loved one. Our services are available to adults ages 18 and older who have been diagnosed with a chronic medical condition, such as diabetes or high blood pressure, and likely need assistance with the activities of everyday living. Our program may offer an alternative to a nursing home, offering the care you need while enabling you to live in your own home.
We specialize in serving people with functional vision problems. Our services are covered by Medicaid or your managed health plan.
What we offer
We provide comprehensive medical care and a day rich with activity. The GuildCare Adult Day Health Care program takes care of everything, including:
- Nursing: We monitor your health, provide care, help with medications, and teach you how to live a healthier life.
- Two daily meals: Enjoy a nutritious morning snack and lunch each day.
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy: Engage in therapies to restore your abilities, as needed, to maintain your functional level.
- Therapeutic activities: Join activities that allow you to exercise both your body and mind, such yoga, meditation and dance therapy
- Vision rehabilitation services: Learn to maximize your existing vision and regain independence while living in your own home.
- Social work: Receive counseling and help applying for benefits under Medicaid and other programs.
- Nutrition counseling: Connect with a registered dietitian about your dietary needs and learn how to eat healthier foods.
- Transportation: Medicaid or your managed care plan may cover getting to and from Guildcare.
Schedule a tour! Adult Day Health Care (ADHC) in four locations
GuildCare helps veterans with vision loss
Our GuildCare Adult Day Health Care (ADHC) programs in Buffalo and Niagara Falls have been caring for individuals in Western New York for well over 20 years.
GuildCare is the only ADHC program in New York State that specializes in people with vision loss, but you do not have to be blind to qualify. Our services and activities are designed for people with all levels of disability: physical, cognitive, and visual.
Our veteran services include:
- Nursing care
- Medication management
- Diabetes care
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Social work services
- Nutritional counseling
- Vision rehabilitation
- Therapeutic activities
- Morning snack and lunch