Helping people who are blind and visually impaired prepare for college, land internships, and thrive at work.
If you’re dreaming about the day you graduate from college, we’re here to offer support and cheer you on. Our academic services can supercharge your educational goals, with your visual abilities in mind. We help with:
- College preparation: study skills, library and internet research, note-taking, writing term papers
- Test preparation: SAT, ACT, GRE, CUNY Compass, and LSAT
- English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction
- High school equivalency tests (GED)
- Communication skills: keyboarding and basic computer skills
- Braille instruction: Unified English Braille (UEB)
Land a job and thrive
Finding a job — especially your first — is challenging. If you are blind or have vision loss, there’s added complexities to consider. That’s why we offer job services that prepare you to land a job and thrive at work.
- Job searches: get help with resume development, interview strategies, job placement, and new-job transitions.
- Pre-employment training: take our four-week immersive course on personal branding to market your talents to future employers.
- Internships: participate in a three-month trial of a job, including on-the-job training.
- Support services: from an on-site evaluation of your current position to recommendations for assistive technology and accommodations, we help you function at your best and retain your job.