Helping blind and visually impaired people prepare for college, land internships, and thrive at work.
If you’re dreaming about the day you graduate from college, we’re here to offer support and cheer you on. Our academic services can supercharge your educational goals, with your visual abilities in mind. We help with:
- College preparation: study skills, library and internet research, note-taking, writing term papers
- Test preparation: SAT, ACT, GRE, CUNY Compass, and LSAT
- English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction
- High school equivalency tests (TASC, formerly GED)
- Communication skills: keyboarding and basic computer skills
- Braille instruction: Unified English Braille (UEB)
Start here: College Prep 101
Get ready for college life! Enroll in our Summer College Preparation Program today. This one-month intensive course covers study techniques, how to write a term paper, and other skills necessary to succeed in college.
Land a job and thrive
Finding a job — especially your first — is challenging. If you are blind or have vision loss, there’s added complexities to consider. That’s why we offer job services that prepare you to land a job and thrive at work.
- Job searches: get help with resume development, interview strategies, job placement, and new-job transitions.
- Pre-employment training: take our four-week immersive course on personal branding to market your talents to future employers.
- Internships: participate in a three-month trial of a job, including on-the-job training.
- Support services: from an on-site evaluation of your current position to recommendations for accommodations, we help you function at your best and retain your job.
Did you know?
We work with employers to help them integrate and accommodate people with vision impairment into their workforces.