Find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding the MyCare Portal.
What is the MyCare Portal?
Lighthouse Guild uses a secure electronic medical record (EMR) for patients’ medical information. Our MyCare Portal gives you direct access, through a secure website, to some of your personal health information in the EMR. The MyCare Portal also allows you to:
- Request or cancel appointments
- Request a refill of prescriptions
- Send and receive messages to your provider
- View some of your lab results
- View your visit summaries
How do I register for the MyCare Portal?
If you are a registered Lighthouse Guild patient and have an active email address, you can request access to the Portal here. Please select your primary location and submit your information.
How do I get to the MyCare Portal?
Once you have a user name and password, you can get to the MyCare Portal directly from our website by clicking on the “MyCare Portal” link at the top of every page and follow the instructions to log in.
How do I use the MyCare Portal?
For detailed instructions on how to use the MyCare Portal, please reference our Help Video.
Does anyone else have access to my personal health information in the MyCare Portal?
If you are an adult patient, only YOU or your legal guardian (if any) has access to your personal health information in the MyCarePortal.
How does Lighthouse Guild protect the information I enter through the MyCare Portal?
All of the personal health information of our patients is maintained on secure servers on-site in accordance with the applicable regulations of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH).
Do I have a role in protecting my personal health information?
Yes. Just as with on-line banking, you can keep personal information on the MyCare Portal secure and confidential by:
- Never sharing your username and/or password
- Always “log off” when you are done using the MyCare Portal
- Resetting your password if you suspect the security of your log-on has been compromised
You may also contact Healthcare Services to disable your account.
What if I forget my password?
No problem. There are two ways to deal with that:
- Please go to Account Recovery Help to reset your password on-line by answering the security questions you set when you signed up initially. You will then receive an email with the information needed to reset your password.
- You may also contact Healthcare Services at 212-769-6300.
It says my account is “locked”. What do I do?
Please contact Healthcare Services at 212-769-6300.
What is the Healow App?
Healow is an app you can download to your Android or iPhone or other mobile device that gives you access to your personal health information just like using the MyCare Portal. Just enter our practice code: IDGDBA and log in!
What can I do with my Healow?
- View upcoming and past appointments
- Request medical records
- Request prescription refills
- View certain lab results
How do I get Healow?
- You must have a MyCare Portal account
- You can download Healow from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store for FREE
How do I link my Patient Portal account to my Healow app?
Once you have set up your MyCare Portal account and downloaded Healow enter the practice code: IDGDBA.
For after hour service, what number do I call?
If your medical need is an emergency, call 911.
If you are ill and need to speak with a provider after hours, call 212-769-6300.