Lighthouse Guild Podcast “On Tech & Vision with Dr. Cal Roberts” Hits 1000 Downloads
November 17, 2020
Popular Series Explores Big Ideas on How Technology is Helping People with Vision Loss
“On Tech & Vision with Dr. Cal Roberts,” a podcast from Lighthouse Guild providing information and insights about technological innovations that are tearing down barriers for people who are blind or visually impaired, has reached 1000 downloads. Launched in September 2020, the podcast is hosted by Calvin W. Roberts, MD, President & CEO of Lighthouse Guild, and features discussions with experts in vision technology about options that can help restore lost vision, enhance existing vision, and improve function.
“Technological innovations are the key to helping people with vision loss live productive and independent lives,” said Dr. Roberts. “There are new developments in areas such as artificial intelligence, spatial orientation, and virtual reality that are changing our approach to treating vision loss. Lighthouse Guild is committed to bringing the latest technology to people who will benefit from it, and we are pleased that our podcast is having an impact.”
“On Tech & Vision with Dr. Cal Roberts,” is available online at lighthouseguild.org and for downloading on Apple Music, Spotify, Google Podcasts and Tunein.com. Twitter: @LighthouseGld #OnTechVision
Five episodes are now posted for Season 1:
- Seeing with Your Ears – Translating the Audio World to Visual – how using audio can connect people with vision loss to the world around them.
- A Tech Revolution in Your Hand – How using touch and sound together can create spatial awareness through the use of smart canes.
- A “Remapped Reality” – Using Virtual Reality to Remap the Visual Field –how virtual reality (VR) is used to remap sight for people with vision loss.
- The Development of Artificial Vision – Cutting edge advancements in ocular bionic prosthetics.
- Extending Human Vision — Explores how technology used in instruments that extend human vision to space is being relied on for devices that help people with vision loss perform everyday tasks here on earth.
About Lighthouse Guild
Lighthouse Guild is the leading organization dedicated to providing exceptional services that inspire people who are visually impaired to attain their goals. We provide coordinated care for eye health, vision rehabilitation and behavioral health as well as related services. For more information, visit lighthouseguild.org.
Bryan Dotson, Manners Dotson Group