The Pisart Award in Technological Innovation was established in 1981 to recognize an individual, group of individuals or organization that have made significant contributions to the field of vision science. The award has evolved to recognize those whose technological innovations improve the lives of people with vision loss. Their efforts will have directly contributed to the mission of Lighthouse Guild to inspire people who are visually impaired to attain their goals.
Javier Pita Lozano, CEO of NaviLens is the recipient of the 2022 Pisart Award for his work with NaviLens. NaviLens is a technology that marries labelling information with orientation guidance to increase accessibility of public spaces and transportation infrastructure for people with vision impairment.
We are currently accepting nominations for the 2023 Bressler Prize and Pisart Award. The deadline for submission for the 2023 awards program is March 1, 2023.
About the Pisart Award in Technological Innovation
- The Pisart Award includes an unrestricted cash award of $25,000.
- Open to anyone whose technological contributions have substantially impacted the community of people with vision loss.
- Open to candidates from the United States and all countries.
- A letter of nomination must be submitted with a nomination application for each individual candidate.
- The letter of nomination must establish the individual’s contributions.
- The letter of nomination must be submitted on the letterhead of the organization of the nominator and include his/her full name and title.
- An up-to-date resume must be Included with the application.
- Colleagues or professionals may make nominations.
- Nomination applications must be submitted online.
- March 1, 2023: Closing date for nominations and receipt of all supporting documents for the 2022 Pisart Award.
- Spring 2023: Pisart recipient announced.
Questions? Call us. Ms. Fernanda Garcia-Piña, Director of Research Operations at 212-769-7833 .