Your chosen college must be accredited by a body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. All college admissions policies must be non-denominational and open to applicants of all religions, faiths, and beliefs. For the application, you must:
- Provide proof of legal blindness. Verification should be in the form of a statement from a state rehabilitation agency, an ophthalmologist, or an optometrist.
- Provide proof of U.S. citizenship or legal residency. Verification should be in the form of a passport, birth certificate, naturalization papers, or proof of legal residency.
- Provide documentation of academic achievement via copies of school transcripts.
- Include three letters of recommendation. Two letters should attest to your academic skills. Each letter must include the name, address, and telephone number of the person writing the reference.
- Write a personal statement of 500 words or fewer. For both the college and graduate school scholarships, include an essay that describes your educational and personal goals.
Deadline to Apply is April 15th.
Questions? Call 212-769-7833 or email us.
Join our Mission
Lighthouse Guild is dedicated to providing exceptional services that inspire people who are visually impaired to attain their goals.