Community, Culture and Technology Fair
November 7, 2018
Accessible offerings of NYC, for people with vision loss or disabilities.
When: Wednesday, November 7, 2018, 12:30 – 5 pm
Where: New York Public Library’s 42nd Street flagship building
The Stephen A. Schwarzman Building, 476 Fifth Avenue (42nd St and Fifth Ave.), New York, NY10018
- Cultural institutions, educational, employment, advocacy, arts, recreation, technology, and support organizations
- Fun accessible art activities and demonstrations of new adaptive technology
- Speakers on employment resources, individual consultations, headshots.
- Information on employment, volunteering, and skills building.
- New! Verbally described touch tours of the historic Stephen A . Schwarzman building will be offered at 2:15 PM and 4:15 PM
- Free! No registration needed.
Lighthouse Guild will be one of this years’ featured organizations along with: Center for Independence for the Disabled New York (CIDNY), Whitney Museum, Intrepid Sea Air and Space Museum, NYC Office of Emergency Management, Lighthouse Guild, NYC Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities, Dorot, Intersection (LinkNYC), Metropolitan Museum of Art, Computing Center for Visually Impaired People (CCVIP), Brooklyn Museum, Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Bookshare, Catholic Charities Guild of New York, Xavier Society for the Blind, Eye Assist LLC, Brooklyn Public Library’s Inclusive Services, NYC Parks and Recreation, Origami Therapy Association, CTECH, Tenement Museum, Visions Services for the Blind, NYC Department of Cultural Affairs, New York Transit Museum, Independence Science, Google inc., Queens Museum, NYS Commission for the Blind, Guide Dog Users of New York, Pedestrians for Accessible and Safe Streets, The Noguchi Museum, Lewis Latimer House Museum, 3Doodler, Museum of Modern Art, Single Stop, Greater New York Council of the Blind, National Federation of the Blind …
For more information visit the NY Public Library.